Another first for Grillstock! Thanks to those forward-thinking folk at The American BBQ Company, Guy Fieri’s Knuckle Sandwich range of chef knives will be on public display for the first time in the UK – and might even be available for sale!
The Story Behind Guy’s Knives
In 2007 Guy met the designers of Ergo Chef at a gourmet show, used their cutlery on stage during his demo and was given a set to take home. After a year of wear and tear in his kitchen – which can be a knife gauntlet – he was hooked on the quality and design of Ergo Chef’s product. And before he knew it, he was teaming up with them to develop his own collection. Together they sketched a range of designs looking for the select few that really rocked technically and aesthetically.
And if you’re wondering why The American BBQ Company happens to be stocking these, you might just want to take a look at some of their other products that can be found in diners and drive-ins, or drives and backyards across the USA and, increasingly, here in the UK.
Knuckle Sandwich Run Down
Apart from looking great and handling even better, here are a few reasons why you might want to think about adding Guy’s knives to your collection:
- The knives’ handles are all one piece from bolster to the polished end cap
- The blades are precision heat treated to 56RC to keep a great edge
- The triple-tang of the handle is injection-moulded to create a permanent and seamless bond.
- Patented ergonomic design is created to be an extension of your hand for natural comfort
- Made of high carbon German stainless steel (X50CrMoV15) for stain resistance
- Full tang and abbreviated bolster adds strength and balance
- Hollow ground ovals in blade promote less stick and smoother cuts
- Cutouts precisely calculated to balance the knife based on blade weight